LGBTQ+ Health Initiative Community Advisory Board Application
The LGBTQ+ Health Initiative invites interested New Yorkers from anywhere in the state to apply to be a member of the Community Advisory Board, or CAB. This advisory board is open to employees of the NYS HHS Network organizations and to the general public, with a strong preferance for members of LGBQ+, TGNCNB, and/or BIPOC communities. This CAB will help ensure the LGBTQ+ Health Initiative's work is representative of all New Yorkers.
Scope of Work:
The mission of the LGBTQ+ Health Initiative is to reduce disparities experienced by gender and sexually diverse populations by helping health and human services agencies that are a part of the NYS HHS LGBT Network more effectively reach and serve these groups. For more information, please visit our website lgbtqplushealth.org
Members of the CAB will help inform the LGBTQ+ Health Initiative's work by:
- Reviewing drafts of plans and materials and providing suggestions to make sure they are inclusive and sensitive to differences in race, ethnicity, gender identity, and sexual orientation
- Discuss the overall direction and goals for the grant
- Successes and areas for improvement
We are looking for CAB members with diverse backgrounds and experiences who:
- Live or work in New York State
- Are members of the LGBTQ+ community
- Are committed to improving the health and wellness of LGBTQ+ New Yorkers
To apply for the CAB, please complete the survey below.